These protein-packed veggie snacks are a cross between banana bread and a cookie. I had intended on making spinach muffins, but since I was using frozen spinach and frozen banana, the dough felt more like cookie dough than muffin batter. My picky toddler LOVES these, and I ate them every day to satisfy my sugar hankering. I'm proud of myself for incorporating TWO vegetables (spinach & sweet potato) and 1 fruit (banana), no grains, dairy or refined sugar.
1 cup almond flour
1 cup sweet potato flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
6 oz frozen spinach
1/2 cup dairy-free milk
1/2 cup honey
1 ripe frozen banana
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven 325'. Melt coconut oil and set aside
2. In mixing bowl, combine almond and sweet potato flour, baking soda and baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
3. In a blender, combine coconut oil, spinach, milk, honey, banana, and vanilla. Blend until smooth
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in bowl. Mix until well combined
5. Roll into 1" balls and flatten slightly on cookie sheet.
6. Bake 18 min- or take out before beautiful green hue turns brown.
Dr. Alicia McCubbins is a naturopathic physician who strives to educate, motivate and inspire. Please feel free to share your thoughts or questions so that we may collectively grow through knowledge.